Mon, 20 May 2013 - Wed, 22 May 2013
- This course is designed to give you the comprehensive skills needed to work with the Information Design Tool. The Information Design Tool enables designers to extract, define, and manipulate metadata from relational and OLAP sources to create and deploy SAP BusinessObjects universes.
- In this course you learn how to use data from different source systems (SAP and non-SAP) with the SAP BusinessObjects BI client tools.
- Data Managers
- Project managers
- Report Designers
- BI Platform / SAP NetWeaver BW System Administrators
- SAP Netweaver BW / SAP BusinessObjects Consultants
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational, also OLAP database management systems concepts and structures
- Basic knowledge of reporting with SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
- Basic knowledge of the SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse platform and BEx Query Designer
Course based on software release
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Information Design Tool BI 4.0
- SAP NetWeaver BW 7.3
- What is the information design tool?
- Work with Projects
- Create a local project
- About shared projects
- Create a local project and retrieving a published Universe
- Create the data foundation
- Create a database connection
- Create a data foundation
- Define joins in a data foundation
- Create a business layer
- Create folders and objects
- Create measure objects
- Resolve Loops Use aliases
- Resolve Loops Use contexts
- Define data restrictions
- Work with LOVs
- Use Parameters restrict data
- Use @functions also Aggregate Awareness
- Create Derived Tables and Index Awareness
- Maintain universes
- Deplore and manage and maintain universes
- Document universes
- This course will include presentation, explanation and system demonstrations by the instructor; there will be a focus on hands on activities.
Bookings are closed for this event.
What our clients say
I found Praxa’s training was of the highest level. The trainer was most knowledge, educating attendees at a pace that was aimed to meet all levels, whilst being extremely informative and engaging. The knowledge gained has already had a profound impact on our business reporting, efficiencies and strategic direction.
General Manager – Central Services
Everything is explained in a clear, concise manner, was fun!
Melbourne Grammar School
Hands-on experience. Activities related to functions (which) I would need to carry out at work.
Royal Melbourne Hospital